Definición de steric en inglés:
Of or relating to the spatial arrangement of atoms in a molecule, especially as it affects chemical reactions.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In addition, this secondary amine presents some steric impediment by the glucose molecule from the terpenoid moiety.
- In such a situation, the large additive will be excluded from solvating the gap between the protein molecules for steric reasons.
- This is purely a geometric effect, since these calculations do not use any energy functions other than those implicit in the steric interactions and the chemical bonds.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Cholesterol can also sterically block large molecules of fatty acyl chains, making the cell membrane less fluid, thus controlling the membrane fluidity.
- The influence of branching on the enzymatic stability of the compounds was investigated, as it is known that sterically hindered ester prodrugs are more stable toward enzymatic hydrolysis.
- In our calculations, however, the single x-ray snapshot was replaced by a variety of sterically consistent conformers that likely interconvert.
Late 19th century: formed irregularly from Greek stereos 'solid' + -ic.
Definición de steric en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda