Definición de steric en inglés:
Of or relating to the spatial arrangement of atoms in a molecule, especially as it affects chemical reactions.
- In addition, this secondary amine presents some steric impediment by the glucose molecule from the terpenoid moiety.
- In such a situation, the large additive will be excluded from solvating the gap between the protein molecules for steric reasons.
- This is purely a geometric effect, since these calculations do not use any energy functions other than those implicit in the steric interactions and the chemical bonds.
- Example sentences
- Cholesterol can also sterically block large molecules of fatty acyl chains, making the cell membrane less fluid, thus controlling the membrane fluidity.
- The influence of branching on the enzymatic stability of the compounds was investigated, as it is known that sterically hindered ester prodrugs are more stable toward enzymatic hydrolysis.
- In our calculations, however, the single x-ray snapshot was replaced by a variety of sterically consistent conformers that likely interconvert.
Definición de steric en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan