- 1An agent that causes sneezing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gases are classified by their principal effects as lachrymators (spelled lacrimators by the military), sternutators, vesicants, lung irritants, vomiting gases or systemic poisons.
- The dried plant, reduced to a powder, is a sternutator, ideal for headaches and sinusitis.
- In the medical lore of Europe during the Middle Ages, pastes, emetics, purgatives, emmenagogues, sternutators, convulsants, clysters, physical maneuvers, and pessaries are mentioned.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The whole plant is antiecchymotic, antiphlogistic, nervine, sternutatory and vulnerary.
- In addition, the dispensing is carried out without generating any cloud of liquid particles which might be inhaled by the user, with a sternutatory effect.
- From his theory of the action of the air through the nose on the contents of the ventricles of the brain is explained his use of sternutatories, and his belief in the efficacy of sneezing.
Pronunciación: /stərˈnyo͞otəˌtôrē/adjetivo & sustantivo (plural sternutatories)
Más definiciones de sternutatorDefinición de sternutator en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional