- (Of breathing) noisy and labored.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A 28 month old girl was referred with a 16 month history of failure to thrive, snoring, stertorous breathing, and, latterly, life threatening respiratory obstruction.
- During one such conversation his last words were ‘there are just two other things…’ followed by unresponding, stertorous breathing.
- Stertorous breathing may occur after epileptic convulsions, but does not typically occur after psychogenic non-epileptic convulsions.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He breathed stertorously, and in his throat were the queer little gasping noises of one overwrought.
- Lucy was breathing somewhat stertorously, and her face was at its worst, for the open mouth showed the pale gums.
- The old gentleman, who was comfortably and perhaps even stertorously asleep in the corner, is now in the centre engaged in conversation with the young lieutenant.
early 19th century: from modern Latin stertor 'snoring sound' (from Latin stertere 'to snore') + -ous.
Más definiciones de stertorousDefinición de stertorous en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional