Definición de stickleback en inglés:
A small fish with sharp spines along its back, able to live in both salt and fresh water and found in both Eurasia and North America.
- Family Gasterosteidae: several genera and species, including the common and widespread three-spined stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Such video techniques have been particularly effective in female mate choice studies in fishes, including guppies, sticklebacks, and swordtails.
- Although Daphnia are not used by humans as a food source directly, they are involved in many of the foodchains necessary to sustain fish that we consume or use commercially such as sticklebacks, minnows and young Sockeye salmon.
- There are also rudd, bream, eels, gudgeon, crucian carp, tench, minnows, perch, sticklebacks, the odd trout, pike and barbel present.
Late Middle English: from Old English sticel 'thorn, sting' + bæc 'back'.
Palabras que riman con sticklebackkickback
Definición de stickleback en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda