Definición de stochastic en inglés:
Randomly determined; having a random probability distribution or pattern that may be analyzed statistically but may not be predicted precisely.
- Let us now sum up his mathematical contributions which were almost all in the area of mathematical statistics, more precisely stochastic analysis, random processes, regenerative phenomena and mathematical genetics.
- It was heavy duty mathematics at that, involving an obscure technique known as stochastic differential equations.
- He has written on stochastic geometry and its applications, and the statistical theory of shape.
mid 17th century: from Greek stokhastikos, from stokhazesthai 'aim at, guess', from stokhos 'aim'.
- Example sentences
- To summarize the asymptotic behavior of the stochastically fluctuating allele frequencies, we first iterated the recursions for 500,000 generations starting with random initial allele frequencies and global linkage equilibrium.
- We will outline a simple Fourier space Brownian dynamics algorithm that allows us to stochastically evolve a thermal membrane surface forward in time.
- Each generation new values of these integers are chosen stochastically in accordance with the model.
Definición de stochastic en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan