Definición de stonechat en inglés:
A small Old World songbird of the thrush subfamily, having bold markings and a call that sounds like two stones being knocked together.
- Genus Saxicola, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae: three or four species, in particular the widespread S. torquata, the male of which has a black head and orange breast
- This companionship extended into early summer when the stonechat family was fed both in and out of the nest by the lonely Dartford.
- Forays off the beaten path led me to a common stonechat, a white wagtail, a plain leaf warbler, and a number of species in the shrike family; great grey shrike, masked shrike, and red-backed shrike.
- Migratory stonechats, Saxicola torquata, established territories as apparent male and female pairs on their wintering grounds in Israel.
Definición de stonechat en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan