Definición de stope en inglés:
A steplike part of a mine where minerals are being extracted.
- By this time the mine had three shafts, many large stopes and hundreds of metres of drives.
- For the next ten years it was leased to tributors who worked the old stopes of the conglomerate lode above the adit level.
- We explored the areas that were not being mined, including miles of old abandoned drifts and stopes.
verbo[no object] (usually as noun stoping) Volver al principio
1(In mining) excavate a series of steps or layers in (the ground or rock).
- They financed the shaft and the equipment and they were away, sinking, drifting, and stoping, all at the same time, just as Rick laid it out.
- Once more Aclare was alive with the sounds from tunneling, stoping, dressing, sorting, bagging, and the loading of ore from the mine.
- Underground stoping, and work on the smelters had also been very costly.
1.1 (as noun stoping) Geology The process by which country rock is broken up and removed by the upward movement of magma.
- Emplacement was accompanied by local dilation to form contact parallel, NNW- and WNW-trending dykes and by stoping of contacts.
- The intrusions are passively emplaced into the surrounding host by stoping and assimilation.
- In summary, magmas do not have to rise in the crust by slow, density-driven diapiric processes, or stoping processes where the magma detaches and absorbs blocks of surrounding rock.
mid 18th century: apparently related to the noun step.
Definición de stope en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan