Definición de streaming en inglés:
A method of transmitting or receiving data (especially video and audio material) over a computer network as a steady, continuous flow, allowing playback to proceed while subsequent data is being received.
- Some cable operators fear that video streaming will allow large numbers of consumers to bypass cable service and get programming over the Internet.
- Audio streaming may be common, but bandwidth constraints limit its quality.
- Video streaming is going to be a bit more challenging.
adjetivo[attributive] Volver al principio
1Relating to or making use of a form of tape transport, used mainly to provide backup storage, in which data may be transferred in bulk while the tape is in motion.
- Snapshots are stored on disk, which provides fast, direct access rather than the slower mechanical streaming access provided by tape.
- As a streaming technology, tape drives work best when data is coming to them at their rated speed.
- The current technology for such machines is the streaming tape drive.
2(Of data) transmitted in a continuous stream while earlier parts are being used.
- One blogger wrote how mad he was over the fact that the streaming video wasn't live, saying the clips were stale the moment they were up.
- For the first time in history, international streaming channels now outnumber channels from the US.
- Many radio stations use the streaming capabilities of this format to transmit their programmes over the net.
Definición de streaming en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan