- A method of transmitting or receiving data (especially video and audio material) over a computer network as a steady, continuous flow, allowing playback to proceed while subsequent data is being received.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some cable operators fear that video streaming will allow large numbers of consumers to bypass cable service and get programming over the Internet.
- Audio streaming may be common, but bandwidth constraints limit its quality.
- Video streaming is going to be a bit more challenging.
adjetivo[attributive] Volver al principio
- 1Relating to or making use of a form of tape transport, used mainly to provide backup storage, in which data may be transferred in bulk while the tape is in motion.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Snapshots are stored on disk, which provides fast, direct access rather than the slower mechanical streaming access provided by tape.
- As a streaming technology, tape drives work best when data is coming to them at their rated speed.
- The current technology for such machines is the streaming tape drive.
- 2(Of data) transmitted in a continuous stream while earlier parts are being used.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One blogger wrote how mad he was over the fact that the streaming video wasn't live, saying the clips were stale the moment they were up.
- For the first time in history, international streaming channels now outnumber channels from the US.
- Many radio stations use the streaming capabilities of this format to transmit their programmes over the net.
Más definiciones de streamingDefinición de streaming en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional