- I find ‘brainstorming’ an effective way to create modifications to teaching styles and procedures.
- In trials of different styles of patient management, surgical procedures, or alternative therapies, full blinding is often impossible.
- Teachers with very different teaching styles and approaches can be equally effective.
- During his lifetime, the artist went through different periods of characteristic painting styles.
- These are some characteristics of the writing style of someone under a lot of stress or tension.
- The series features all styles and periods of buildings, from country houses and gothic castles to a radar station and a water mill - dating from medieval times to the 20th century.
- The tone, the attitude, the style, the language; all have changed significantly.
- More than the style of language has changed at the paper since then.
- Mr Midgley criticised our website and the style of language used.
- With a living trust, you need to be sure all of your assets and investments are styled in the name of the trust for the rest of your life.
- Distinctive styles of local pottery appear around 2500 BC along with Neolithic polished stone axes.
- What we have here are a series of large, eight foot high canvases, generally untitled, painted in a number of styles, and appearing to hark back principally to Abstract Expressionism.
- Maurice is a popular artist and has contributed to numerous group shows and his distinctive style will be familiar to many.
- Big sleeves were in a variety of Chinese clothing styles from various dynasties.
- This time around he went for being modern, by encompassing modern styles and techniques with Chanel's intricate classic designs.
- What are your favorite styles or pieces of clothing that defy trends?
- You get your hair cut in reasonable styles and accept the fact that the King is dead.
- Barbel finished the style by curling the hair with a flat iron and applying a light holding spray.
- Most women prefer the traditional styles of long upswept hair for adults and long braids for girls.
- This kind of fridge has become a symbol of taste, elegance, style and wealth.
- But when a temple of style and urban sophistication founders on ambience, food and service, it doesn't leave much to cling to.
- Waterford Crystal, the epitome of style and elegance, is the world's most successful luxury crystal brand.
- As the pistil emerged from the bracts, the style elongated and the stigma expanded markedly in size and, finally, became receptive to pollen.
- Five pistils were dissected from flowers and the stigmas and styles were mounted on aluminium stubs using carbon paste.
- This has been used previously to detect ethylene biosynthesis successfully from a variety of flowers and floral tissues including styles and during pollen tube growth.
- The posterior midbrain sends 9 nerve cords frontally to the outer oral styles.
- The precise styles of claw morphology may be quite variable, but the function can be deduced and tested experimentally in the case of living forms.
- For each type of aquatic activity we examine unique behaviors or styles of locomotion that may contribute to a decrease in energetic costs.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- The car was styled by the new design team.
- The automaker, which designed and styled the vehicle in-house at its Gentro Stile facility, decided to meet that goal by developing two completely different cars.
- These cuts define how your pants are styled and designed in terms of fit and how they fall.
- So whether you or a professional are styling your hair, it will be responsive to being brushed, curled, and combed.
- Watch how your hair is styled, what products are used, what kind of brushes, rollers, or styling irons your hairdresser uses so that you can replicate the look yourself.
- To finish, he styled the hair with a brush and slightly teased the bangs.
- Sleek modern bikes are aggressively styled with names to match: ‘Pulsar’, ‘Victor’, etc.
- If his future wife is styled Duchess of Cornwall, she will be taking his name, since that is one of his existing titles.
- Well-known atheist, Richard Dawkins, now styles himself as A Devil's Chaplain, the title of a recent book.
Middle English (denoting a stylus, also a literary composition, an official title, or a characteristic manner of literary expression): from Old French stile, from Latin stilus. The verb dates (first sense 2 of the verb) from the early 16th century.
in style (or in grand style)
- In an impressive, grand, or luxurious way.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Friends and neighbours will be out in style to give the popular singer a real big welcome.
- It was apt that young people opened the festival in style, and also closed it in style.
- They won their heat convincingly to obtain a favourable lane draw for their final which they won in style.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The arrangement of the openings, some recessed to create terraces, reflect Zucchi's interest in the styleless, vernacular character of Venetian domestic architecture.
- Over the last twenty years, wooden colonial houses with verandas and gardens in Noumea have disappeared, replaced by styleless buildings.
- If they needed to be designed, his proposals were always guileless and almost styleless.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Its essential stylelessness has turned critics against it as well.
- Everything seems effortless, until you begin to concentrate on the subtlety of the modulations and what it takes to achieve them, yet the overwhelming effect is of transparency, stylelessness.
- His stylelessness had, of course, great style.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If locks are short, check out new liquid stylers.
- They also turned out to be what the industry calls ‘heavy heat stylers’, a term that denotes the frequent use of hairdryers.
- Rest assured because you can easily add volume with a classic styler.