Definición de sublimate en inglés:
Pronunciación: /ˈsəbləˌmāt /
1 [with object] (Especially in psychoanalytic theory) divert or modify (an instinctual impulse) into a culturally higher or socially more acceptable activity: people who will sublimate sexuality into activities which help to build up and preserve civilization he sublimates his hurt and anger into humor
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.
- A psychologist might interpret my conversion as sublimating my guilty feelings, but I prefer to think about it as fulfilling my Jewish destiny.
- Too often, however, student needs or preferences are sublimated to the overwhelming task of presenting large bodies of information to large numbers of students in small periods of time.
2 [no object] Chemistry another term for sublime.
- 78.5°C Temperature at which dry ice (carbon dioxide) sublimates from a solid to a gas
- There is no danger at all in consuming a drink that was cooled down using dry ice - most of the carbon dioxide will just sublimate into the air.
- Some of the most dominating physical features I've ever encountered, a glacier is a vast mass of ice formed from the accumulation of snow that compacts faster than it melts and sublimates.
Pronunciación: /ˈsəbləmət, ˈsəbləˌmāt /Chemistry Volver al principio
late Middle English (in the sense 'raise to a higher status'): from Latin sublimat- 'raised up', from the verb sublimare.
- Example sentences
- To think about sublimation, the process by which an object ‘acquires the dignity of the Thing’, produces a different emphasis.
- All employ a print process known as dye sublimation, and this classy Samsung model is the pick of the crop.
- The microscopic amounts are achieved by superheating managerium so that it changes from a solid directly into a gas - a process known as sublimation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan