Definición de sublimate en inglés:
Pronunciación: /ˈsəbləˌmāt /
1 [with object] (Especially in psychoanalytic theory) divert or modify (an instinctual impulse) into a culturally higher or socially more acceptable activity: people who will sublimate sexuality into activities which help to build up and preserve civilization he sublimates his hurt and anger into humor
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.
- A psychologist might interpret my conversion as sublimating my guilty feelings, but I prefer to think about it as fulfilling my Jewish destiny.
- Too often, however, student needs or preferences are sublimated to the overwhelming task of presenting large bodies of information to large numbers of students in small periods of time.
2 [no object] Chemistry another term for sublime.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- 78.5°C Temperature at which dry ice (carbon dioxide) sublimates from a solid to a gas
- There is no danger at all in consuming a drink that was cooled down using dry ice - most of the carbon dioxide will just sublimate into the air.
- Some of the most dominating physical features I've ever encountered, a glacier is a vast mass of ice formed from the accumulation of snow that compacts faster than it melts and sublimates.
Pronunciación: /ˈsəbləmət, ˈsəbləˌmāt /Chemistry Volver al principio
late Middle English (in the sense 'raise to a higher status'): from Latin sublimat- 'raised up', from the verb sublimare.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- To think about sublimation, the process by which an object ‘acquires the dignity of the Thing’, produces a different emphasis.
- All employ a print process known as dye sublimation, and this classy Samsung model is the pick of the crop.
- The microscopic amounts are achieved by superheating managerium so that it changes from a solid directly into a gas - a process known as sublimation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India