adjetivoAnatomy & Medicine
- 1Situated or applied under the tongue.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Oral, intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous, epidural, intrathecal, sublingual, and rectal are all viable routes of morphine administration.
- Others have asked students to give specific practical advice to a patient receiving, say, sublingual glyceryl trinitrate for angina or an inhaler for asthma.
- Nicotine replacement is available as chewing gum, transdermal patch, nasal spray, inhaler, sublingual tablet, and lozenge.
- 1.1Denoting a pair of small salivary glands beneath the tongue.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Grossly, the cut surface revealed a unilocular cystic lesion, which measured 1.5 x 1.2 cm and which was enclosed within the sublingual major salivary gland.
- The male produces a long, gelatinous strand of condensed saliva from the sublingual salivary glands, which is then wound into a half-cup nest, bonded to a vertical surface.
- The facial artery may replace the lingual artery and supply the sublingual gland.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By administering the spray sublingually, the mucous membrane absorbs the solution directly into the bloodstream, avoiding degradation from the gastrointestinal tract and liver.
- Nitrates and calcium channel blocking drugs can be tried taken sublingually for episodes of pain or orally and regularly as a prophylactic.
- Buprenorphine was provided in tablet form, which was administered sublingually.
Más definiciones de sublingualDefinición de sublingual en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional