Definición de sublingual en inglés:
adjetivoAnatomy & Medicine
1Situated or applied under the tongue.
- Oral, intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous, epidural, intrathecal, sublingual, and rectal are all viable routes of morphine administration.
- Others have asked students to give specific practical advice to a patient receiving, say, sublingual glyceryl trinitrate for angina or an inhaler for asthma.
- Nicotine replacement is available as chewing gum, transdermal patch, nasal spray, inhaler, sublingual tablet, and lozenge.
1.1Denoting a pair of small salivary glands beneath the tongue.
- Grossly, the cut surface revealed a unilocular cystic lesion, which measured 1.5 x 1.2 cm and which was enclosed within the sublingual major salivary gland.
- The male produces a long, gelatinous strand of condensed saliva from the sublingual salivary glands, which is then wound into a half-cup nest, bonded to a vertical surface.
- The facial artery may replace the lingual artery and supply the sublingual gland.
- Example sentences
- By administering the spray sublingually, the mucous membrane absorbs the solution directly into the bloodstream, avoiding degradation from the gastrointestinal tract and liver.
- Nitrates and calcium channel blocking drugs can be tried taken sublingually for episodes of pain or orally and regularly as a prophylactic.
- Buprenorphine was provided in tablet form, which was administered sublingually.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan