Definición de subsidiary en inglés:
1Less important than but related or supplementary to: many environmentalists argue that the cause of animal rights is subsidiary to that of protecting the environment
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Roads serving these centres were subsidiary to the main network.
- Aborigines and other non-European Australians are subsidiary to Ward's analysis.
- But on any view of the allegations, taken at their highest, the role of the second applicant is regarded as significantly subsidiary to that of the first.
1.1(Of a company) controlled by a holding or parent company.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The IAS definition of related parties includes parent and subsidiary companies as well as individuals who exercise control over a company and members of their families.
- It may be that they will have to offer a combination of both types of options to employees at both parent and subsidiary companies.
- Many of the companies doing business in the Bahamas are connected to parent, partner or subsidiary companies that trade on the US exchanges.
sustantivo (plural subsidiaries)Volver al principio
1A company controlled by a holding company.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most public companies have a holding company and subsidiaries.
- This is intended to garner tax from foreign subsidiaries of the holding company domiciled in their respective countries.
- The United States now imposes certain firewalls on bank holding companies and their subsidiaries.
1.1 rare A thing that is of lesser importance than but related to something else.
- ( rare )Oraciones de ejemplo
- We are subsidiarily aware of the marginal elements, with a bearing on that which is focally known.
- Buyer also stated that its set-off claim is based not only on alleged breach of contract by Seller but subsidiarily also on alleged breach of the rules of fair competition.
- All these requisites present, the employer becomes ipso facto subsidiarily liable upon the employee's conviction and upon proof of the latter's insolvency.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda