- But it is important to note that substantive discussions of issues rarely entered into Five Points political contests.
- Parties are unstable and hard to distinguish on the basis of substantive issues.
- Some students of the media have developed a notion of the game schema model, where tactics and strategy are now more important than substantive issues.
- Nothing has a substantive existence apart from everything else and exists only in the context of everything else.
- It therefore appeared to be a substantive, independent factor.
- Not all dyes need mordants to help them adhere to fabric. If they need no mordants, such as lichens and walnut hulls, they are called substantive dyes.
- The submission there is that one needs primary statutory backing before a power to make procedural rules can affect substantive limitation periods.
- Each procedural pigeon-hole contains its own rules of substantive law, and it is with great caution that we may argue from what is found in one to what will probably be found in another; each has its own precedents.
- But judicial comity requires restraint, based on mutual respect not only for the integrity of one another's process, but also for one another's procedural and substantive laws.
- All entities, substantives, adverbs, sentences are patiently, and joyously, called into question.
- In short, it rejected the idea that Father, Son, and Spirit are either merely adjectives or full substantives.
- Nathan said only enough to indicate that he was using language with an unaccustomed force and intelligence - but mildly annoying, as if all substantives fell away, leaving only the prepositions.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Absolute theories are called ‘substantival’ or ‘substantial’ if they require spacetime to be a substance.
- Here, however, its position appears to suggest that it is a substantival adjective qualifying ‘inhibition’.
- It is clear that we must proceed with great care if we are to employ this substantival terminology.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'having an independent existence'): from Old French substantif, -ive or late Latin substantivus, from substantia 'essence' (see substance).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: sub·stan·tive
Definición de substantive en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.