Definición de subversive en inglés:
Seeking or intended to subvert an established system or institution: subversive literature
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Over 60 of its members, including its leader, were arrested and accused of espionage, subversive activities and other crimes.
- He has even banned subversive activities such as opera, ballet and the circus.
- Thus we have the makings of a quite subversive literary tradition that seeks to undermine the tightly controlled world of the urban elites.
disruptive, troublemaking, inflammatory, insurrectionary;
seditious, revolutionary, rebellious, rebel, renegade, dissident
sustantivoVolver al principio
A subversive person.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- By now known as a subversive and revolutionary, Marx was expelled from Paris, at the request of the Prussian authorities.
- Gathering such information about the terrorists can be daunting, given the desire of most subversives to keep the organization small, stealthy, and secret.
- By the term subversives they mean trade unionists, socialists and other campaigners.
troublemaker, dissident, agitator, revolutionary, renegade, rebel
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- So now we knew how to be professional but we also remembered how to be subversive, subversively female, subversively feminine.
- Others, as conductors on the Underground Railroad, were more directly and subversively involved in securing freedom for slaves.
- These voting procedures could subversively affect the outcome of the race in Minnesota.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Aggressive linguistic subversiveness, which used to be his hallmark, has dwindled into charm; sheer amazement has become indistinct bemusement.
- Such tactics were even praised by the Daily Telegraph recently as offering ‘an honest subversiveness which a conservative newspaper can admire’.
- Playing Lucy Collins, the troubled daughter of the neighbourhood's petit bourgeois family, she constantly bristled with an insolent ennui and a mild subversiveness.
Mid 17th century: from medieval Latin subversivus, from the verb subvertere (see subvert).
Palabras que riman con subversivecoercive, cursive, excursive
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda