- 1A man who pursues a relationship with a particular woman, with a view to marriage.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Though the young duchess was only ten years of age, it would not be long before she would be receiving suitors and entertaining marriage proposals.
- The weakest part of her performance comes in her relationship with the four suitors and in the delivery of the Rose Adagio and here it might be worth a comparison with Makarova herself.
- As a result of the removal of romance from marriage, suitors are judged, not by their love for a woman, but by how well they can provide for her.
- 1.1A prospective buyer of a business or corporation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For prospective suitors keen to expand in Europe's largest economy, however, Commerz is sized just about right.
- The bank found other prospective suitors, which ultimately jacked up the price.
- The company had already met with suitors interested in a buyout or strategic partnership, but could not find a good match on price or philosophy.
late Middle English (in the sense 'member of a retinue'): from Anglo-Norman French seutor, from Latin secutor, from sequi 'follow'.