(chiefly British also sulphonamide)
- Any of a class of synthetic drugs, derived from sulfanilamide, that are able to prevent the multiplication of some pathogenic bacteria.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This has been shown to occur with penicillin, valproic acid, quinidine, sulfonamides, cimetidine and heparin.
- The authors did not mention whether additional therapy could be used or how acute relapse was managed, although they prohibited patients from using antibiotics, sulfonamides, or steroids at entry to the study.
- Drugs that have been implicated include penicillin, aminopenicillins, sulfonamides, allopurinol, thiazides, quinolones, hydantoins, and propylthiouracil.
Más definiciones de sulfonamideDefinición de sulfonamide en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional