(chiefly British also sulphonate) Chemistry
Definición de sulfonate en inglés:
A salt or ester of a sulfonic acid.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This strain is characterized by its ability to utilize an exceptionally broad range of organosulphur compounds as the sole sulphur source during in vitro growth, including many aromatic and aliphatic sulphonates and sulphate esters.
- Because the salts of these ions and the alkane sulfonates and alkyl hydrogen sulfates are largely water soluble, the detergent remains dispersed in the water.
- Metal ions may form insoluble complexes with the sulfonate groups of the dye, thus reducing the amount of available dye, while calcium interferes with interactions between cellulose and the dye.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Convert (a compound) into a sulfonate, typically by reaction with sulfuric acid.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This short summary demonstrates the diversity of substrates used by SOT proteins in addition to the identical co-substrate PAPS, and the broad spectrum of physiological processes where sulphonated compounds are involved.
- Some examples of neutral electrophiles are ozone, Lewis acids, sulfonating agents, halogenating agents, and peracids.
- Amino acid analyses were carried out by ion exchange chromatography on sulphonated polystyrene resin linked to divinyl benzene.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The common characteristics of flavonol SOTs are as follows: they all do not use divalent cations for sulphonation, they have a similar mass of 35 kDa, and the active form of these enzymes is a monomer.
- Meng et al. have investigated meso-substituted porphyrins, synthesized by sulfonation or methylation of the phenyl or pyridyl groups, respectively.
- The existence of several dimer species is not surprising given the presence of monosubstituted and disubstituted monomers plus isomers with different positions of sulfonation of the phthalocyanine nucleus.
Definición de sulfonate en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda