Definición de sum up en inglés:
1Give a brief summary of something: Gerard will open the debate and I will sum up
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And those brief details sum up half a century in the life of Bobby Bell, so little is known about him.
- Andrew Gimson in the Telegraph sums up precisely what this means for the election.
- This comment precisely sums up what is expected of a historian when he writes down a narration or a report or a book.
1.1 Law (Of a judge) review the evidence at the end of a case, and direct the jury regarding points of law.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- As the learned judge said in his summing up to the jury, motive is irrelevant; intention is important.
- It was therefore rather surprising to me when His Honour Judge Denison summed up to the jury that any military use would do.
- Judge Russell then sums up the facts and the arguments presented to the jury.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda