- A small carnivorous plant of boggy places, with rosettes of leaves that bear sticky glandular hairs. These trap insects, which are then digested.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Drosera, family Droseraceae: many species, including the common European D. rotundifolia
- Bladderworts, pitcher plants, and sundews all indulge their carnivorous tastes.
- Carnivorous plants such as sundews utilise the dew that forms on their leaf surfaces in a more sinister way, mixing it with a sticky honey-like substance which attracts, then traps, the insects upon which the plants feed.
- Without bogs we would lose astonishing plants like sundews, sphagnum mosses and cotton grass; beautiful insects like marsh fritillary butterflies; and spectacular birds like hen harriers and short-eared owls.
Más definiciones de sundewDefinición de sundew en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional