Definición de supercool en inglés:
verbo[with object] Chemistry
1Cool (a liquid) below its freezing point without solidification or crystallization.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Other common supercooled liquids are ordinary glass and asphalt.
- We observed that in the spinning rotor water could be supercooled by several degrees below the freezing point.
- Only four ship terminals capable of handling imports of supercooled liquid natural gas exist in the U.S., and they're at full capacity.
1.1 [no object] Biology (Of a living organism) survive body temperatures below the freezing point of water.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Incidental observations made during the course of this investigation suggested that hatchling C. picta can survive supercooling to at least - 15 [degrees] C.
- Hatchling painted turtles commonly overwinter within their natal nests and survive exposure to temperatures as low as - 12 [degrees] C by supercooling.
- The differences in supercooling capacities were attributed to interpopulational variation in cold hardiness, as putatively manifested by the presence of an ‘endogenous nucleator,’ in the Illinois turtles.
adjetivoinformal Volver al principio
Extremely attractive, impressive, or calm: the supercool tracks in this collection
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So if your record collection is going to be the supercool soundtrack to your life that you need it to be, somebody - SOMEBODY - has to have considered that fact before they made it.
- In the late 1940s, D' Amato bought a struggling Atlantic City restaurant with a backroom gambling operation, the 500 Club, and turned it into ‘ground zero for the supercool lifestyle.’
- A truism these days among Internet angels and venture capitalists holds that a stellar management team is worth more than a supercool business plan.
Definición de supercool en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia