verbo[with object] Chemistry
- 1Cool (a liquid) below its freezing point without solidification or crystallization.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other common supercooled liquids are ordinary glass and asphalt.
- We observed that in the spinning rotor water could be supercooled by several degrees below the freezing point.
- Only four ship terminals capable of handling imports of supercooled liquid natural gas exist in the U.S., and they're at full capacity.
- 1.1 [no object] Biology (Of a living organism) survive body temperatures below the freezing point of water.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Incidental observations made during the course of this investigation suggested that hatchling C. picta can survive supercooling to at least - 15 [degrees] C.
- Hatchling painted turtles commonly overwinter within their natal nests and survive exposure to temperatures as low as - 12 [degrees] C by supercooling.
- The differences in supercooling capacities were attributed to interpopulational variation in cold hardiness, as putatively manifested by the presence of an ‘endogenous nucleator,’ in the Illinois turtles.
adjetivo• informal Volver al principio
- Extremely attractive, impressive, or calm: the supercool tracks in this collectionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So if your record collection is going to be the supercool soundtrack to your life that you need it to be, somebody - SOMEBODY - has to have considered that fact before they made it.
- In the late 1940s, D' Amato bought a struggling Atlantic City restaurant with a backroom gambling operation, the 500 Club, and turned it into ‘ground zero for the supercool lifestyle.’
- A truism these days among Internet angels and venture capitalists holds that a stellar management team is worth more than a supercool business plan.
Más definiciones de supercoolDefinición de supercool en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional