- Relating to or denoting an element with an atomic mass or atomic number greater than those of the naturally occurring elements, especially one belonging to a group above atomic number 110 having proton/neutron ratios that in theory confer relatively long half-lives.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We have found a steep rise in the stability of superheavy nuclei with atomic number, but we are still far from the region in which nuclei may live for thousands, maybe even millions, of years.
- These superheavy elements do not exist naturally on earth; they may be generated by supernova explosions in stars, or by fusions during the dawn of the universe.
- Since the 1960s, nuclear chemists have theorized that superheavy elements with life-times of hours, days, or even longer are possible.
Más definiciones de superheavyDefinición de superheavy en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional