- It also makes one wonder how many superlative pieces of literature might be lurking out there, forgotten.
- He was supposed to be recognized for his superlative skill with flight combat and drafted immediately into the test pilot corps.
- At that time it was a contemporary drama; now it is a period piece, and the transition is managed with superlative intelligence.
- The result was a phenomenal success and classical music critics around the world competed with each other to invent ever-new terms of superlative praise.
- Joseph's resume is also peppered with superlatives.
- This use of superlatives is poor journalism, period.
- It does so most often in the form of the comparative and the superlative of bad: worse and worst.
- And the only one who saw through the hyperbole and the meaningless superlatives was my Aunt Petunia, and she was half-deaf.
- After writing nearly 100 DVD reviews, one begins to run out of superlatives to describe the better discs which pass before the eyes and ears.
- I can heap superlatives attempting to describe the merits of this film.
- [as submodifier]: he was superlatively fitMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the dry season (December to June) Castara Bay is superlatively clear, with a healthy coral reef beginning about 50 yards offshore.
- The action is covered in a series of long takes with superlatively choreographed movement within the frame.
- He had been recognized years ago as a superlatively gifted and disciplined craftsman.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is a movement of life which shows life in its superlativeness and at its best.
- It is applied as an epithet denoting superlativeness of any quality.
- I agree with you on the superlativeness of a really good dark chocolate truffle.
Late Middle English: from Old French superlatif, -ive, from late Latin superlativus, from Latin superlatus 'carried beyond', past participle of superferre.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: su·per·la·tive
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.