verbo[with object] Chemistry
Increase the concentration of (a solution) beyond saturation point.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Obstruction of the cystic duct causes the intraluminal pressure within the gall bladder to increase and, together with cholesterol supersaturated bile, triggers an acute inflammatory response.
- On the other hand, if they are prepared from alloy powders, their properties and corrosion resistance are better, especially if the rapid cooling or atomizing is exploited to supersaturate the aluminum, and no segregation is present.
- However, as the water passes through the turbines, with ever-present air, it becomes supersaturated with nitrogen.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The driving force for both nucleation and crystal growth is supersaturation, i.e., the concentration of solute in the solution above equilibrium solubility.
- Conversely, supersaturation of bile with insoluble cholesterol, as a result of metabolic defects, promotes the formation of cholesterol gallstones.
- These high concentrations of the electrolyte significantly lower the solubility of the hemoglobin and allow high relative supersaturations at low concentrations of the precious protein.
Más definiciones de supersaturateDefinición de supersaturate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional