- 1A person who approves of and encourages someone or something (typically a public figure, a movement or party, or a policy): Reagan supporters supporters of the boycottMás ejemplos en oraciones
advocate, backer, adherent, promoter, champion, defender, upholder, crusader, proponent, campaigner, apologist• informal cheerleaderadherent, follower, ally, voter, disciple; membercontributor, donor, benefactor, sponsor, backer, patron, well-wisher
- Those who claim to be peace protesters but remain supporters of the Labour party are hypocrites.
- The backlash has been muted, further encouraging Scottish supporters of a ban to push for change.
- It is hugely encouraging that the supporters of this noble programme are coalescing.
- 1.1A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Joe took a keen interest in sport and was a renowned supporter of the Mayo teams.
- York was a keen supporter of our sport and until recently an active pilot himself.
- This will be the last opportunity this year for the two clubs' supporters to view their teams.
- 3 (in full athletic supporter) another term for jockstrap.