Definición de suprasegmental en inglés:
Denoting a feature of an utterance other than the consonantal and vocalic components, e.g., (in English) stress and intonation.
- The general aim of this work was to analyze the suprasegmental features of the male voice during a seductive interaction compared with the characteristics of neutral speech.
- On the basis of our present data analyses, it is, however, not possible to judge whether the problem is at a segmental level, suprasegmental level, or both.
- The move towards writing poetry down deprived it of music, perhaps, certainly of the suprasegmental qualities of pitch, timbre, etc., which are personal in a physiological sense.
sustantivoVolver al principio
Such a feature.
- The English consonant sounds and suprasegmentals also present difficulties for native speakers of Spanish.
- They discover, for example, that, unlike sounds, suprasegmentals can change according to meaning.
- Just taking a look at the symbols for suprasegmentals, you can see that there's a lot of detail to account for.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia