Definición de surcoat en inglés:
1.1A sleeveless garment worn as part of the insignia of an order of knighthood.
- The former regiment wore a grey sleeveless surcoat and the latter regiment a black one.
- The man himself was obviously a Knight as could be deduced from the white surcoat emblazoned with the golden crest of a hawk covering the suit of chainmail he wore.
- When I met with them they still wore their Bouren surcoats and armor.
1.2An outer coat of rich material.
- She certainly changed her apparel and came forth in a ‘rich mantle and surcoat of purple velvet furred with ermines’.
- She saw as well a slender young woman with shoulder length dark brown hair and pale blue eyes wearing a long brown tunic and a black surcoat intricately embroidered along its cuffs and hem.
- The purple on his surcoat made his striking cobalt eyes seem deep violet.
Middle English: from Old French surcot, from sur 'over' + cot 'coat'.
Definición de surcoat en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan