Definición de surcoat en inglés:
1.1A sleeveless garment worn as part of the insignia of an order of knighthood.
- The former regiment wore a grey sleeveless surcoat and the latter regiment a black one.
- The man himself was obviously a Knight as could be deduced from the white surcoat emblazoned with the golden crest of a hawk covering the suit of chainmail he wore.
- When I met with them they still wore their Bouren surcoats and armor.
1.2An outer coat of rich material.
- She certainly changed her apparel and came forth in a ‘rich mantle and surcoat of purple velvet furred with ermines’.
- She saw as well a slender young woman with shoulder length dark brown hair and pale blue eyes wearing a long brown tunic and a black surcoat intricately embroidered along its cuffs and hem.
- The purple on his surcoat made his striking cobalt eyes seem deep violet.
Middle English: from Old French surcot, from sur 'over' + cot 'coat'.
Definición de surcoat en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia