- (In generative grammar) the structure of a well-formed phrase or sentence in a language, as opposed to its underlying abstract representation. Contrasted with deep structure.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Possibly, the present verbal dual task interferes mostly with the phonological surface structure of the spatial sentence and not with the underlying propositional content.
- That is, switching should occur at points where the surface structures of the two languages map onto each other.
- The theory postulates that the two sentences have the same order in deep structure, but the question transformation changes the order to that in surface structure.
Más definiciones de surface structureDefinición de surface structure en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional