- I was sitting in suspense wondering what exactly had happened.
- The crowd is in suspense, wondering how things will go for the dog.
- Until then, you'll just have to live in suspense.
- I let out a heavy sigh and thought hard for a few seconds, unable to register anything except comic books and fiction suspense novels.
- Even though it's riddled with melodrama, this is still a high quality internal affairs suspense thriller.
- The mystery of these implicit questions heightens the novel's suspense.
- The Applicant has set in motion an appeal from the disciplinary panel to an appeal panel but that appeal has been put into suspense by reason of his application for judicial review.
Late Middle English: from Old French suspens 'abeyance', based on Latin suspensus 'suspended, hovering, doubtful', past participle of suspendere (see suspend).
Palabras que riman con suspensecense, commence, common sense, condense, dense, dispense, expense, fence, hence, Hortense, immense, offence (US offense), pence, prepense, pretence (US pretense), sense, spence, tense, thence, whence
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: sus·pense
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.