- A bridge in which the weight of the deck is supported by vertical cables suspended from larger cables that run between towers and are anchored in abutments at each end.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When it opened on 24 May 1883, the Brooklyn Bridge was the longest suspension bridge in the world and among the most celebrated creations of the nineteenth century.
- This changed with the steel Brooklyn Bridge, the longest suspension bridge in the world when it opened on May 24, 1883.
- The narrow, castellated 1829 bridge is a repaired suspension bridge and bears a plaque dated 1865 on the Stockton steelwork.
Más definiciones de suspension bridgeDefinición de suspension bridge en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional