- 1A shaped tool or die for giving a desired form to metal by hammering or pressure.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The bumper-to-body join lines are discreet and in line with the side rubbing strake, and the wheel arches are gently flared instead of being bounded by thick swages.
- You can find wreaths, door swages and various other items for just about every season if you shop around a bit.
- These spring swages were carefully patterned after the shapes contained in an original Drew calking die I bought from the company many years ago.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Shape (metal) using a swage, especially in order to reduce its cross section.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Since metal is swaged around a mandrel, the blank actually gets longer during the process.
- They are swaged to a uniform shape and weight, which promotes excellent accuracy.
- The hassle factor goes up exponentially when you have to swage primer pockets and keep that brass separate.
- 1.1 [with adverbial] Join (metal pieces) together by swaging process.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All later models have pins that are swaged into the toe piece.
late Middle English (sense 2 of the noun): from Old French souage 'decorative groove', of unknown origin.
Más definiciones de swageDefinición de swage en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional