Definición de swift en inglés:
- Her eyes quickly made a swift sweep of the people in the room.
- With his domestic problems and this illness, we all pray for a swift recovery.
- If Myles is reading this, hope the op went well and wish a swift recovery, looking forward to getting you back on the golf course
- The beast is replaced with a thin, swift reptile that is capable taking sharp corners and hiding inside buildings.
- White and pale camels are much preferred by the men as mounts, especially those which are swift moving, sleek and pleasant to the eye.
- As one would expect, this is a very swift car, well capable of getting to 60 mph in less than six seconds and with a top speed beyond 150 mph.
adverbioliterary except in combination Volver al principio
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Family Apodidae: several genera and numerous species, including the common Eurasian swift (Apus apus)
- The White-throated Swift is a large, slender swift with long wings and a narrow tail, usually held closed into a point.
- Data gathered on the acceleration of swifts and swallows illustrate another compromise: Birds with low wing loading and high aspect ratio suffer from lower acceleration performance.
- Swallows, swifts and nighthawks, all pursuing flying insects, fly erratically.
Old English (as an adjective), from the Germanic base of Old English swīfan 'move in a course, sweep.' The bird name dates from the mid 17th century.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Now my first instinct was to declare it immediately cool and pass swiftly on.
- She immediately and swiftly reached her own house, using her copy of the key to get into the house.
- He leaned against a pillar until the line had cleared and swiftly strode to the guard.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There has been an impressive swiftness in the way certain clubs are showing themselves willing to invest in home-grown personnel.
- The reaction to Wayne's comments came with the usual swiftness one might expect in today's atmosphere of political correctness.
- More than the skill, it was the attitude and swiftness with which the students carried themselves, that dominated the show.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.