Definición de swindle en inglés:
- The so-called ‘phishing’ scams have developed as a popular technique for fraudsters to swindle people out of everything from PayPal accounts to ATM codes.
- In 1989 he pleaded guilty to 55 counts of fraud, allegedly swindling elderly victims in Virginia and Tennessee out of around $1.25 million.
- Then we hear about widespread accounting malpractices, even in giant corporations, and start to wonder if this is not a huge conspiracy to swindle us out of our money.
- In 2001, a few newspapers carried stories on local securities firms swindling money from investors but soon all fell silent.
- He allegedly swindled funds meant for building a culvert and a school.
- Police in Shanghai have cracked a gang of four who swindled money using short messaging service on cell phones.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Online crimes can include multimillion-dollar swindles, online auction scams, and piracy of software and other copyrighted material.
- It is a sales gimmick, a cheat, a swindle, a scam.
- It's a total scam, swindle, and fake, but no one in our consumer agencies has any intention of doing anything about it.
Late 18th century: back-formation from swindler, from German Schwindler 'extravagant maker of schemes, swindler', from schwindeln 'be giddy', also 'tell lies'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- What's the appeal to you of property criminals such as hucksters, card cheats, swindlers, bank robbers, and con men?
- Not even the police care too much about what's going on in these streets’ the old man chuckled, ‘this is where all the swindlers and thieves hang out.’
- Unfortunately, swindlers also exploited the tragedy to make money over the Internet.
Palabras que riman con swindlebrindle, dwindle, kindle, spindle, Tyndale
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.