- Inflammation of the hair follicles in the bearded part of the face, caused by bacterial infection.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The following case is an example of a person with an inherited case of sycosis that was activated by the suppression of a chlamydia infection rather than by a new infection of gonococcus.
- The course of sycosis is chronic; it is marked by exacerbations and remissions.
- The possibility of a herpetic sycosis of the beard must be considered in the case of non-response to antibiotic or antifungal treatment.
late 16th century (originally denoting any fig-shaped skin ulcer): modern Latin, from Greek sukōsis, from sukon 'fig'.
Más definiciones de sycosisDefinición de sycosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional