Definición de syllable en inglés:
- The vowels of the stressed syllables in such words as father and fodder are generally identical.
- Students in the low-level group were not reading words but were learning letter names and sounds, and how to blend consonant and vowel sounds to make syllables.
- After blending consonants and vowels, syllables are blended into words and words are used in meaningful sentences.
- As its signs represent native syllables (such as sa and ke), TRANSLITERATION almost invariably produces phonetic change.
- The Su Tongpo poetry of the Kusoshi is printed in clear, blockish characters, while the waka verses appear in a mixture of cursive characters and kana syllables.
- Buddhist temple coins here in Japan are inscribed with kana syllables, not kanji ideograms.
- Perhaps it's just that the jurors are taking their mission very seriously and are reviewing every syllable of every bit of the testimony several times over.
- A skilled Dakota farmer (like a Murphy poem) therefore wastes no syllable, no bit of dirt.
- And afterwards Gordon Brown came out and gave a little speech - in which he said not one syllable about the campaign.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- [usually in combination]: poems of few-syllabled linesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He couldn't say any more then a one syllabled word at the moment.
- And yet the entire purpose of the exercise would remain lost in the half-baked intellectual stringing together of ten syllabled words.
- Scientists who jabbered on needlessly using five syllabled words had always gotten on his nerves.
Late Middle English: from an Anglo-Norman French alteration of Old French sillabe, via Latin from Greek sullabē, from sun- 'together' + lambanein 'take'.
Syllable comes via Old French and Latin from Greek sullabē, from sun- ‘together’ and lambanein ‘take’. A syllable is basically a group of sounds ‘taken together’ and uttered with a single effort.
Definición de syllable en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.