A substance, organ, or other agent that participates in an effect of synergy.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This may require co-ordination of groups of muscle synergists within one limb, or between several limbs, trunk, head, and eyes.
- At high concentration tocopherols act as prooxidant synergists with transition metal ions, lipid peroxides or other oxidizing agents.
- Further studies are needed to determine if hops acts as a mild sedative independently, as a synergist, or is absent of sedative action.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A potential added benefit of such a strategy is the ability of natural antimicrobials to act synergistically with other host defense peptides and proteins.
- During critical stages of disease, nutrition intervention and medication therapies work synergistically to manage disease and improve therapy efficacy by preserving crucial body cell mass stores.
- Herbalists claim that herbs used together work synergistically and that toxicity is reduced when whole plants are used instead of active ingredients, a process known as buffering.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: syn·er·gist
Definición de synergist en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda