sustantivo (plural synostoses /-sēz/)Physiology & Medicine
- The union or fusion of adjacent bones by the growth of bony substance, either as a normal process during growth or as the result of ankylosis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Isolated sagittal synostosis, premature fusion of the sagittal suture, is the most common type of craniosynostosis and accounts for 56% to 58% of reported cases.
- Familial nonsyndromic craniosynostosis, which affects 2 to 6 percent of infants with sagittal synostosis and 8 to 14 percent of infants with coronal synostosis, is transmitted as an autosomal dominant disorder.
- There may be partial or complete fusion of a suture, but a short segment of synostosis often produces the same deformity as a complete fusion.
Más definiciones de synostosisDefinición de synostosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional