Definición de syntax en inglés:
1The arrangement of words and phrases to create well-formed sentences in a language: the syntax of English
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This at least seems true in the limited sense that all human tribes, classes and even professions instinctively create their own vocabularies, phrases and even syntax.
- Try to imagine a world without language; a world where words, grammar and syntax suddenly become meaningless.
- The other thing that they're learning about is syntax, phrase boundaries and clause boundaries.
1.1A set of rules for or an analysis of this: generative syntax
1.2The branch of linguistics that deals with this.
- It's too bad that (as far as I know) linguists who study syntax, semantics and pragmatics have not been involved in this enterprise to any significant extent.
- The chapters that follow deal with vocabulary, syntax, onomastics, phonology, English grammar and usage and, finally, literary language.
- The word is borrowed by analogy from the terminology of linguistic syntax.
Definición de syntax en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary