sustantivo (plural tête-à-têtes pronounced igual)
- 1A private conversation between two people.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then after their little tête-à-tête on her lawn, he felt as though he might be in love with her.
- She smiled intimately as though we'd settled in front of the fire for a tête-à-tête.
- If 222 is perfect for romantic tête-à-têtes and intimate celebrations, it's because sometimes elegant food and perfect presentation just aren't enough.
- 2An S-shaped sofa on which two people can sit face to face.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A mid-nineteenth-century French form, the tête-à-tête, also known as a confident, was well-suited to the parlor as its two chairs facing in opposite directions and joined at the sides allowed for discreet conversation.
- The graceful, sinuous shape of this tête-à-tête illustrates the importance of lamination and epitomizes the Rococo Revival style.
adjetivo & adverbioVolver al principio
- Involving or happening between two people in private: [as adjective]: a tête-à-tête meal [as adverb]: his business was conducted tête-à-têteMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is important to meet tête-à-tête to understand what kind of people they are and to feel how they see cooperation.
late 17th century: French, literally 'head-to-head'.