Definición de tachygraphy en inglés:
Stenography or shorthand, especially that of ancient or medieval scribes.
- The exact minutes of some of the Councils - e.g. Chalcedon - seem to be due to very successful tachygraphy.
- Primarily let us ask, if a contemporary of Xenophon knew anything about tachygraphy, how is it that no one alluded to this art?
- Notably Mentz argues that the inscription is not an example of tachygraphy but rather an early attempt, during the tumultuous times surrounding the Pelepponesian War, to reform the Greek language.
- Example sentences
- In the dedicatory letter to Secondino of Taormina, the pontiff speaks of the existence of another unauthorised copy circulated by fratres ferventes who obtained and divulged a text drawn on tachygraphic transcriptions preserved in the Lateran archive.
- Cicero's freed slave, Tiro, is generally described as authoring the first truly tachygraphic system, one that more or less enabled verbatim reporting of human speech, by codifying a set of forms - symbols that by their shape and position represented common words.
- Whether the tachygraphic writing on our tablets represents Tironian notes as known from the Carolingian period (Mentz's System A), or whether, as we think less likely, it represents either of those known from Ravenna, or whether it represents something different from any of the known systems, we do not feel competent to judge.
Definición de tachygraphy en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan