Definición de tachygraphy en inglés:
Stenography or shorthand, especially that of ancient or medieval scribes.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The exact minutes of some of the Councils - e.g. Chalcedon - seem to be due to very successful tachygraphy.
- Primarily let us ask, if a contemporary of Xenophon knew anything about tachygraphy, how is it that no one alluded to this art?
- Notably Mentz argues that the inscription is not an example of tachygraphy but rather an early attempt, during the tumultuous times surrounding the Pelepponesian War, to reform the Greek language.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the dedicatory letter to Secondino of Taormina, the pontiff speaks of the existence of another unauthorised copy circulated by fratres ferventes who obtained and divulged a text drawn on tachygraphic transcriptions preserved in the Lateran archive.
- Cicero's freed slave, Tiro, is generally described as authoring the first truly tachygraphic system, one that more or less enabled verbatim reporting of human speech, by codifying a set of forms - symbols that by their shape and position represented common words.
- Whether the tachygraphic writing on our tablets represents Tironian notes as known from the Carolingian period (Mentz's System A), or whether, as we think less likely, it represents either of those known from Ravenna, or whether it represents something different from any of the known systems, we do not feel competent to judge.
Definición de tachygraphy en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Pakistán