sustantivo (plural igual)
- 1(In France before 1789) a tax levied on the common people by the king or an overlord.[compare with tail2]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The main direct tax, the taille, was levied on persons in central provinces, but on land in peripheral ones like Languedoc.
- The common tax - the taille - was increased to finance French foreign policy and this was organised by the chancellor Antoine Duprat.
- Nevertheless, in most provinces, nobles continued to escape the oldest basic direct tax, the taille, not to mention forced labour on the roads.
- 2The juice produced from a second pressing of the grapes during winemaking, generally considered inferior because it contains less sugar and more tannin and has lower acidity than the first pressing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Separating the juice as it leaves the press yields 20.5hl of 'cuvée' (the first pressing) and 5hl of 'taille' (the second pressing).
- The different juices - the auto-pressing, the cuvée and the taille - are then collected and poured into either oak or cement measuring vats called 'belons'.
- Juice from the second pressing - the Taille - is not used to make Champagne de Venoge.
- 2.1Low-quality wine made from taille.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- "White Foil is composed of wines drawn only from the cuvee (the first, light pressing) and, where appropriate, the taille (second pressing), which provides a higher proportion of essential tannins.
- The taille, which is produced by the second pressing, is sold off.
Más definiciones de tailleDefinición de taille en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional