Definición de talipot en inglés:
A tall Indian palm with very large fan-shaped leaves that are used as sunshades and for thatching, and to make the material upon which books were traditionally written. When the talipot matures, at about 40-60 years, it sends up a 25-foot (8-m) stalk bearing millions of flowers, and subsequently the tree dies.
- Corypha umbraculifera, family Palmae
- The flowering talipot is a breathtaking sight, but one that is becoming increasingly rare in the city these days.
- The use of the talipots and the lion flag were conceded by the king to a chief in the Uggalboda sannas, together with the use of the ceremonial torches.
- These were substantially built of timber and talipots, thatched with cadjans and bamboo leaves, and festooned and decorated as the Singhalese only can decorate - leaves, flowers and fruit being entwined together with so much delicacy and airy tastefulness as to impart an almost fairy-like form to the pavilion.
Definición de talipot en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia