Definición de tamper en inglés:
1 [no object] (tamper with) Interfere with (something) in order to cause damage or make unauthorized alterations: someone tampered with the brakes on my car
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The lifting contractor should have qualified personnel inspect all reusable hardware upon receipt for any signs of shipping damage, tampering, or intentional alteration.
- On Oct. 1, the FBI, along with private security experts, took the unusual step of publicizing the top 20 ways that hackers tamper with computer systems.
- They might gain access to our systems and tamper with data through computer network attacks or exploit it for hostile purposes.
2 [no object] (tamper with) Exert a secret or corrupt influence upon (someone).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Increased power has been placed at the hands of customs officers whose judgment and daily conduct can be and are tampered with by outside influences, such as a bad day or an argument before work.
- I hereby find him not guilty on the charges of witness tampering, jury manipulation, and contempt of court.
- In 2001, he was convicted on federal charges of racketeering, conspiracy, extortion, witness tampering, and mail fraud.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A person or thing that tamps something down, especially a machine or tool for tamping down earth or ballast.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Its hydraulic PTO can manage breakers, tampers, drills, and saws.
- Tamp the patch with a tamper or a garden roller filled about one-third full with water, or simply walk on it.
- Using a tamper, he levels and compresses the grinds, a technique absolutely necessary for uniform extraction.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's a very hard thing to do, even for computer experts and dedicated activists, to predict, observe and prove vote tampering in the areas in which it occurs - we just can't know which the tamperers will choose.
- Clicks, he reports, are produced when unskilled tamperers try to cut and splice tape.
- Such protection should be adequate to unequivocally deter tamperers without imparting permanent paralysis or injury to the tamperer.
Mid 16th century (in the sense 'busy oneself to a particular end, machinate'): alteration of the verb temper.
Palabras que riman con tampercamper, damper, hamper, pamper, scamper, stamper, Tampa, tramper
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda