1An object to which effort or study is diverted as soon as it becomes known: every difference between cancerous and normal cells is a potential target of opportunity for new drug discovery
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This council will meet quarterly to determine targets of opportunity for action, establish or adjust metrics as required, and measure improvements.
- Material problems are increasingly under control, so human error has emerged as the target of opportunity in mishap prevention.
- This angle of research was not part of their cystic fibrosis study, just an unexpected target of opportunity.
1.1A military target that is attacked while in pursuit of another.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If equipped with laser targeting devices they may also designate targets of opportunity for air strikes.
- Many marveled at the speed with which coalition forces reacted, from the early commitment of ground forces to secure Iraq's southern oil fields, to the near-instantaneous air strike on a leadership target of opportunity.
- Despite the fighting, the soldiers were still acting like soldiers-cracking wise and hurling good-natured insults when another soldier presented a good target of opportunity.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda