- 1An object to which effort or study is diverted as soon as it becomes known: every difference between cancerous and normal cells is a potential target of opportunity for new drug discoveryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This council will meet quarterly to determine targets of opportunity for action, establish or adjust metrics as required, and measure improvements.
- Material problems are increasingly under control, so human error has emerged as the target of opportunity in mishap prevention.
- This angle of research was not part of their cystic fibrosis study, just an unexpected target of opportunity.
- 1.1A military target that is attacked while in pursuit of another.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If equipped with laser targeting devices they may also designate targets of opportunity for air strikes.
- Many marveled at the speed with which coalition forces reacted, from the early commitment of ground forces to secure Iraq's southern oil fields, to the near-instantaneous air strike on a leadership target of opportunity.
- Despite the fighting, the soldiers were still acting like soldiers-cracking wise and hurling good-natured insults when another soldier presented a good target of opportunity.