Definición de tax-and-spend en inglés:
A policy, usually associated with the political left, of increasing taxes in order to fund an increase in government spending: [as modifier]: they remain committed to their tax-and-spend philosophy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Chancellor remains popular with the Labour faithful because he is seen to be keener than the Prime Minister on tax-and-spend.
- This rhetoric disguises the very corrosive effect that tax-and-spend, together with ever increasing regulation, is having on the economy.
- But, unlike on the economy and tax-and-spend, Labour has found it hard to pull the home affairs policy strands into an effective policy narrative.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- Example sentences
- They just wanted to flush the mayor-elect out: are you a tax-and-spender?
- Do tax-and-spenders give any thought to the economic consequences of their policy prescriptions?
- ‘You can call me a tax-and-spender if you want, but your approach is borrow and bankrupt,’ Titus said.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan