Definición de telecommunication en inglés:
1Communication over a distance by cable, telegraph, telephone, or broadcasting.
- This filter became of paramount importance in the production of dense wavelength division multiplexing filters for telecommunication applications.
- And I also think the telephone and telecommunication companies want it as well.
- The network operated through telecommunication channels like telephone and Internet.
1.1 (telecommunications) [treated as singular] The branch of technology concerned with telecommunication.
- Trade between them is dominated by information technology and telecommunications equipment.
- The telecommunications mast uses new technology to be adopted in a scanner-proof police radio system across Scotland.
- Now telecommunications technocrats abound, bringing their own interests and skills to the forum.
1.2 formal A message sent by telecommunication.
- If the relevant agency has lawful authority to intercept a telecommunication, technological barriers should not prevent them from doing so.
- These days, most telecommunications are sent automatically from one telephone exchange or computer to another.
- One embodiment of the invention may be viewed as a telecommunications service for allowing a user to send a telecommunication comprising textual, graphic and/or audio material to be delivered to a recipient in e-mail form.
1930s: from French télécommunication, from télé- 'at a distance' + communication 'communication'.
Definición de telecommunication en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan