Definición de telepresence en inglés:
1The use of virtual reality technology, especially for remote control of machinery or for apparent participation in distant events.
- With a built-in camera, the ER2 can be used for telepresence applications, allowing users to remotely attend events and meetings.
- In a few years, the Internet will support high-quality video applications - v-commerce - and telepresence will be the next best thing to being there.
- I predicted the rise of commercial telepresence, which now appears to be years away.
1.1A sensation of being elsewhere, created by the use of virtual reality technology.
- In the early 1980s, the term telepresence was coined to refer to the use of remote control and the feedback of sensory information to produce the impression of being in another place, an idea which is now part of virtual reality.
- We could, for example, try to immerse the conversational partner in the driver's situation - to use telepresence technology to let them virtually ‘be’ in the car.
- This ontological tendency of virtual art can be clearly observed in the works of a good number of artists described in this book who have been using telepresence and virtual-reality devices in this way.
Definición de telepresence en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary