Definición de temperance en inglés:
1Abstinence from alcoholic drink: [as modifier]: the temperance movement
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The idea that social regeneration might come through the adoption of temperance, as temperance advocates argued, encountered some criticism from a minority of churchmen, particularly High Anglicans.
- Though temperance advocates acknowledged that either male or female drinking destroyed domestic happiness, they often reserved their harshest opprobrium for women's drunkenness.
- The appearance of temperance societies, sometimes supported by the medical establishment, caused many to re-evaluate the role of wine in diet and medicine.
1.1Moderation or self-restraint, especially in eating and drinking.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Dietary temperance, or moderation, was a way to health, but it was also a virtue, just as gluttony was a vice.
- Michael's Order was not a religious one, but although they were not sworn to either poverty or celibacy, its members embraced moderation and temperance in all things.
- The essential key to nourishing our vitality is moderation and temperance.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia