A violent windy storm.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Abruptly following, a hoard of men appeared on the ridge, and with a howl like a raging tempest, chaos erupted.
- The first thing I noticed as we approached the front door was that outside seemed to be caught up in a violent tempest.
- Calm seas and easy winds do not test a ship's worthiness, but it is the tempest and the hurricane that show her true metal.
storm, gale, hurricane;
tornado, whirlwind, cyclone, typhoon
- North American Great anger or excitement about a trivial matter.Oraciones de ejemplo
- In reality, the firestorm of publicity engulfing Gaughan was nothing more than a tempest in a teapot.
- A review of the registration process might prove whether this is a tempest in a teapot.
- A more valid criticism, perhaps, is that the report is a tempest in a teapot.
Middle English: from Old French tempeste, from Latin tempestas 'season, weather, storm', from tempus 'time, season'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda