- A set or group of three lines of verse rhyming together or connected by rhyme with an adjacent tercet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Both albums are rife with lyrical references to rolling hills, trees, creeks, dirty knees and breezes, and delivered in direct couplets or simply rhymed tercets.
- To analyze a sonnet into quatrains and tercets is to recognize it as a sonnet, and so to relate it to a conventional lyrical category.
- But instead of following the never-ending spiral of an apple peel, the story is delimited by closed circularity: it begins with the last tercets and closes with the first quatrains of a sonnet.
late 16th century: from French, from Italian terzetto, diminutive of terzo 'third', from Latin tertius.
Más definiciones de tercetDefinición de tercet en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional