- Any of a large group of volatile unsaturated hydrocarbons found in the essential oils of plants, especially conifers and citrus trees. They are based on a cyclic molecule having the formula C10H16.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lactones, phenolic aldehydes (such as vanillin), terpenes (essential oils) and wood tannins are all by-products of oak, so it is understandable that too much can rob a white wine of its fruit and delicacy.
- In woody plants, carbon-based chemical compounds such as phenolics and terpenes comprise the main chemical defence.
- Essential oils contain many terpenes, which are rapidly absorbed through the lungs and cross the blood-brain barrier.
late 19th century: from German Terpentin 'turpentine' + -ene.
Más definiciones de terpeneDefinición de terpene en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional